Thursday, March 17, 2016

Join Me on My Journey

I am currently into my last two months at the University of North Alabama. Since I moved to Florence in August of 2012, I have been in love with the town. In class, other students would introduce themselves and say that Florence is so small compared to where they are from. I am from a one-stoplight town that is twenty minutes from a Walmart and an hour from a mall. Florence is huge for me! There are three Walmarts and a mall within ten or so minutes from my house. This area is rich with history and culture, and that is why I love it.


Even though I have been here for about four years, there are still quite a few things I have yet to do. I think a lot of students miss out on all the awesome things the Shoals has to offer due to lack of knowledge. So I have created a bucket list to complete before I graduate in May, and I am going to share my adventure through this blog. I will also share some of my favorite places or things I have already experienced! I hope to help you appreciate Florence, and the Shoals, and all they have to offer!


Lindsey’s Bucket List
Pope’s Tavern Museum
Alabama Music Hall of Fame
Rattlesnake Saloon
Rosenbaum House
FAME Recording Studio
Tom’s Wall
Shoot off the ‘cannon’ at Sunset, RBG
360 Grille
Staggs chocolate gravy on a Friday morning
Indian Mound & Museum
Bunyan’s BBQ
Kennedy-Douglas Center for the Arts
Muscle Shoals Sound
Go to a show at The End
Coon Dog Cemetery
Get a Popsicle at Frio’s
King’s Drive-In
Forks of Cypress
Location where Ghost Bridge once was

Along the way I am sure I will find more, but this is my list thus far. Stay tuned, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment