Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Time Management - 0, Bucket List - 3


Finals and graduation really had me busy the past couple of weeks so I have not been able to blog, but I have knocked some items off my list. One day last week my mom came up to help me start packing, but instead we spent our time adventuring with my friend, Dani. It was totally worth it though!


Our first stop was the Frank Lloyd Wright Rosenbaum House. This house was built for the Rosenbaum family in 1939. Wright designed hundreds of structures, but the Rosenbaum House is the only Wright design open to the public in the southeastern region of the United States. He even designed all the furniture for his structures!


The home was originally 1,540 square feet but had 1,084 square feet added in 1948 when the couple had four sons. The addition included a bigger kitchen for Mrs. Rosenbaum and a dormitory for the boys.


The Rosenbaums were the only occupants and owners of the home until 1999 when the city took over the home for restoration. It took two years to complete before they could reopen the house as a museum to the public. It is now open Tuesday-Saturday 10-4 and Sunday 1-4! There is an admission fee, $8 Adults and $5 Seniors and Students.


After our tour of the Rosenbaum House, we were starving. So we headed down the road to Bunyan's BBQ! This was another item on my bucket list. I have always heard great things about Bunyan's but had never been. While hotdogs are my favorite food, I went with a BBQ sandwich. It was delicious! You can order family meals. You can also get their famous slaw by the gallon. They are open Monday-Saturday 10-5!

We actually also went to Coondog Cemetery but you can read about that one in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment