Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Train Bridge


I want to say my first time going to the train bridge was my first year at UNA. A couple of my friends and I got Miami Ice then drove over O'Neal to the train bridge. It quickly became one of my favorite spots in Florence and the first place I would take anyone visiting.


The bridge first opened in 1840. At times cars and trains both utilized the bridge. You can go to www.oldrailroadbridge.com to read more on the history.

My last sunset to watch from the train bridge before leaving. (insert sad face)
It is a great place for a jog or a walk if that suits you better. It links with TVA trails so you may run on and on. There is a group that does yoga on the bridge. Many use the bridge as a scenic background for professional pictures, as they should because it is beautiful. It is the best place to watch a sunset also!

The "Pantie Tree"
Then when you get to the end of the bridge you can look off and enjoy the view of the "pantie tree." Yes, there is a tree decorated in people's undergarments. I have no idea why this is even a thing, but it is quite interesting. So get up and go check it out! Bring a friend or dessert or both and take your friend's dessert too if you are hungry. I mean you are on a walk, you deserve a treat or two.

1 comment: